Church of the Good Shepherd, Hewish
Hewish church is a very small building known as a Chapel of Ease which was built in 1868 in Ham stone cut and squared, ashlar dressings with a plain clay tiled roof with bands of beaver-tail tiles, saw tooth ridge, and step coped end gables with cross finials.
There are 4 hollow-chamfer mullioned windows, two to each flank wall, each with 3-lead lights. A simple porch on the east side of gothic revival and set above is a plain bell turret holding a single bell on a stepped coped gable.
The interior is very simple, with arch-braced king post roof truss of 6 bays, simple pews and other fittings, including a C19 octagonal panelled stone font. The Church is located on the outskirts of Hewish in the heart of farming countryside.